Answer for how much does it const to change my panel from 100ampere fuse box to a breake box of the same size?
Thank you for asking this question. Since we are Your Home Electricians™, we change and update fuse type panels to new, state of the art breaker type panels all the time. It is important to us to give you the best service we can offer, however because of this we regrettably are unable to give generic prices without seeing the location in question. A short answer is that because of the many variables involved, it would be unfair to yourself, and our company to quote this project without any details.
Please continue reading for a detailed explanation of why we believe this to be true.
There are a few things to consider when upgrading a panel which affects the price and will therefore need to have one of our certified electricians do a site visit to determine the following:
- First of all, to assess whether the existing fuse panel is 100 amp or a 60 amp panel as is often the case. If it is 60 amps, we have to upgrade the entire service size to 100 amps to meet code, as well as change the panel to a properly rated breaker type panel.
- Then the load requirements of the electrical system will have to be calculated. The electrician will then have a discussion with you to evaluate the existing electrical systems’ load and discuss any future requirements that might be added to the system such as new circuits, appliances, hot-tubs or exterior plugs etc.… to assure the size of the panel will accommodate those needs.
- The electrician will then asses if the existing fuse panel is fed with 100 amps, if it is, they will evaluate by looking at the condition of the wires in the service on the outside of the house as well as the condition of the conduit, weather-head, clamps and meter-base, etc. If everything is in good condition and meets current code requirements, then they can look at changing just the panel, otherwise, will have to change the service as well.
- They then assess the location of the panel to make sure it also adheres to current codes and make any recommendations to change the location if necessary.
- The AC Electrical electrician, will discuss the different types of panels available on the market and suggest the best type of panel to meet your requirements and budget.
- Finally the electrician will discuss our comprehensive warranty with you to assure you that you will be covered should anything go wrong in the future.
As you can see, much has to be considered before a quote can be fairly given. Once all of the above has been done, we can come up with the price for AC Electrical Contractors Ltd., “Your Home Electricians™”, to do the installation. We will give you the quote in writing and the price will be firm and not change unless the scope of the work changes.
We would love to book a time to send an electrician to meet you, you can contact us through our website or give us a call 416-698-8100!